I recently ran in the cold. I did not like it. I hurt running it, and it was worse when I was done. I ended up running uphill for a bit too. Extra yuck. While my body was warm, my lungs and throat were killing. I even received a nice cough for my efforts.
Lesson: run inside when it's below freezing. The problem is, where I live it's hard to find an indoor loop. I don't want to treadmill, I want to at least GO somewhere for my efforts, even if it is in circles. I could go to campus and pay to join the rec center, but the solitude and non-judgmetal environment I crave will be gone (overweight 30 something running with fit, young, college students). No thanks! I think I'm going to try running at work. Either on my floor or in the gym. The school is a square, so it shouldn't be difficult.
I also had a new running buddy last week - a German Shephard we were puppy sitting. Kane did really well!
My pace is getting a bit faster, and I expect to see that improve on my indoor running days.
I bought my first pair of running sneakers - Nike. They are very comfy and SUPER light. I think I'll feel a real difference in them.
Happy New Year all! Best wishes for a healthy year.
No comments:
Post a Comment